Mother’s Day is one of the most treasured holidays of the year. It’s a chance to show the women who raised us the appreciation they so deserve, to shower them with love, and remind them of how much they mean to us. This year, Mother’s Day is going to be very different across the globe. With quarantine orders in place all around the world, flattening the curve means we won’t be able to celebrate with our wonderful mothers in person (unless we are fortunate enough to already live with them), and that will likely leave a yearning in our hearts and the hearts of moms everywhere. But all hope is not lost, as there are myriad ways we can still honor our mothers and show them we love them this Mother’s Day from a safe distance. It just means we have to get creative and embrace a positive mindset to make the most of a strange and unique situation.
With that in mind, we’ve taken the liberty of compiling five ways you can celebrate Mother’s Day while staying at home and staying safe. Even though it means sacrificing your annual Mother’s Day brunch or a trip to the spa with your mom, doing the right thing will mean we can all be together sooner. So take heart, and remember that there are still plenty of ways to celebrate Mother’s Day this year!
- Send your mom a homemade photo album of your favorite moments together. Whether you order your own photo book and print your own photos or use a printing service, this is one gift she will treasure forever. Go through the images on your computer, dig up your favorite photos from your social media (and your family’s), and compile a photo album that will bring a smile to your mom’s face. A picture is worth a thousand words, after all, and photos are pure memories frozen in time. You can’t go wrong with this gift!
- Send her flowers! It may sound like a cliche, but flowers are coveted gifts for a reason - they’re beautiful fragrant, and brighten up even the darkest of days. Sending mom a bouquet of her favorite flowers is a surefire way to make her feel special this Mother’s Day, and you can do this while maintaining a physical distance. It’s a great chance to support your local florist, too, and they can deliver without physical contact, so it’s a great option.
- Have a nice, long video chat with your mom. This one is free, easy, and perfectly accomplishes the physical distancing goal while maintaining real-time contact. Set some time aside for just you and your mom, so that neither of you are rushed or distracted, and let her know face to face how much you love her.
- Send her some jewelry. Jewelry is a timeless, forever way to say you love your mom, and she will think of you whenever she wears it. Even better, splurge on some mother/daughter matching jewelry so that you both have a special memento of this Mother’s Day, and you can wear them together when you get to see your mom again. Pearls are a wonderful, classic option, and Stephanos Design has a wide variety of versatile jewelry for all ages and all tastes. From necklaces to earrings to bracelets, you can’t go wrong with a quality piece of jewelry for your one and only mom. Our pieces are handmade and one-of-a-kind, just like her!
- Take a virtual class together. Whether it’s painting, cooking, or anything in between, virtual classes are easy to find anywhere, and many organizations that didn’t offer them before are now offering them during this time. So find out what your mom has always wanted to try, then hunt down a virtual class and book it! It’s a great way to have fun and connect with your mom in a new and exciting way.
We know Mother’s Day is going to be strange and a little sad this year, but we hope these tips help you take those lemons and make sweet lemonade!
Use the code “FORMOM” for 15% off your order! At this rate, you can grab a matching set for you and mom! Don't forget to check out our blog on how to celebrate Mother's Day from a distance. (https://stephanosdesign.com/discount/FORMOM)
Happy Mother’s Day from your friends at Stephanos.
By Stephanos staff writer Stephanie Deline